Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Last Post of 2009!

So, here we are - mere hours away from the beginning of Arthur C Clarke's second Odyssey! ;-) Let's hope that the remaining hours are good to us - it'd be really shitty having a, well, shitty end to 2009.

I thought this would be a good time to also let you know what my resolutions, SFF-wise, are:

Firstly, I'm planning to finish all the Small Press & self-published books I've received by March, at least.

I'm also going to fit in at least one Angry Robot book a month (I still owe you all my review of Kaaron Warren's Slights), as well as one Macmillan SFF title a month.

Added to that, well, to read more Science Fiction. I picked up another Greg Egan a couple of weeks back, and there's still much more to choose from on my shelves. :-)

Also, I want to purchase at least one item from Amazon.co.uk; Why? Well, I'd like to support the authors and books I review even more by posting reviews there, to help out with the all-important Amazon rankings. :-)

And that's about it - I don't think I'm over-reaching. :-)

Have you guys got any SFF-related resolutions planned? I'd love to hear them. :-)

In any case, I hope the remainder of 2009 is kickass for you all, and that 2010 starts off with an EPIC bang! :-)

See you next year!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Perhaps we were all so tired by the end of 2009 that we just didn't notice it... but shouldn't this be the last post of *2009*?

I was really hoping you'd add some new posts in 2010... ;-D

Dave-Brendon de Burgh said...

Oh my word... I never realized at all! :D Thanks Mike, will get that fixed... LOL I don't mind the fact that the whole blogosphere is laughing at me, nope not at all! :-)

Mike said...

I doubt anybody's laughing, Dave. 2009 was rough for everybody...

Besides, they'll all be looking at the other blog, right?;-D

Dave-Brendon de Burgh said...

Hehehe hopefully! :-) I've been known to make an ass of myself, so this shouldn't be anything new. :-)